It’s been quite random two weeks. It’s probably the spring that makes it difficult to concentrate. Last week I started to work with the plugin scheme. It’s part of the CubicCore project so I didn’t hurry with it. Lot’s of time went in research to find out what is the best way to do things so it works cross platform and cross language. There’s still a lot to learn but I managed to write some code that can be implemented in CE. I didn’t have time to implement it yet, maybe next week.
For the past few days I’ve done lot’s of random changes. There’s now a Workspace panel which basically is another FileView. Until we have a proper dual/multi pane support, this panel can be used. I wrote it just yesterday so there is very little testing done, let me know if you find bugs or have ideas for improvement.
I also added support for per folder settings. It’s part of the component set I’m using so I don’t if it has some performance penalties. It’s disabled by default but you can enable it from Options -> Display -> FileView -> Use per folder settings. All those settings are stored in a perfolder.dat file located in the settings folder. Let me know how it works.
Oh, and you can now access bookmarks by right clicking the Tray Icon.
Change Log (0.96.0.1544)
- Added Workspace panel.
- Added Per folder settings to FileView.
- Added Bookmarks to Tray icon.
- Added Panels popup menu.
- Added Make Visible action.
- Added AlwaysSaveAsPIDL advanced option to Bookmarks.
- It’s now possible to open links from the text editor.
- Esc now closes Text Editor. It can be disabled from Advanced settings.
- Unknown files are now opened in Text Editor by default.
- Fixed focus and usability issues in Text editor’s Find and Replace.
- Fixed issues in tab bar.
- Fixed translation bugs.
- Fixed Alt key bug in Options dialogs.
- Fixed Alt+Click issue in FileView’s Single click mode.
- Fixed memory leak and dialog visibility issue in Version Manager.
- Fixed crashes in QuickView’s image viewer.
- Fixed bug in text file preview.
- Misc changes to fix possible crashes.
- Fixed bug when closing detached QuickView.
- Updated French translation (thanks to BB).
- Updated Japanese translation (thanks to Benok).
- Updated Italian translation (thanks to Folgore101).
****** EDIT – 14.5.2012 ******
There was one nasty bug that caused all sort of weird behavior in last snapshot. So here’s an update with bunch of fixes and few new advanced settings.
Change Log (0.96.0.1550)
- Added advanced options HideComputerCrumb, HideDesktopCrumb and MaxCrumbSize for Breadcrumb.
- Added OpenOnFilelistSelect and OpenOnPlaylistSelect advanced options to QuickView.
- Added MainForm->Wow64Enabled advanced setting.
- Double click on tray now works correctly.
- Enter now opens file in QuickView’s file/playlist.
- Text editor is now focused when file is opened.
- Shift+Enter now searches backward in Text Editor.
- Fixed "CE clicks mouse" bug.
- Small speed improvement to Bookmarks.
- Fixed bug that opens tab when Alt+Left dragging file/folder.
- Fixed "Select first item" issue with Per folder settings.
- Fixed tab closing issues.
- Fixed drawing issues in text file preview.
- Updated Polish translation (thanks to Seethi).